Over one hour of video is being uploaded on YouTube every second which is a phenomenal amount. Can you imagine the legacy of content that we are creating for future generations? The fact that Facebook has over a billion subscribers is not really the important number. What is important is that over 4 billion items are “Liked” on Facebook every day which means that people are engaging on it. People are using Facebook not just to look at it but to share, like and comment. 350 Million photos are being uploaded on Facebook every day. Check this link for some more amazing facebook stats. Social Media is out there and we can no longer avoid it. People are using it and more and more businesses begin to understand that they have to get on it as well. Otherwise, they miss an opportunity.
There are lots of stats available about social media. Here’s a summary of some of them:
- There are over 10 million Facebook “apps”
- Twitter’s fastest growing demographic is 55-64 year olds
- 60% of Twitter users access it from their mobile
- There are over 343 million active users on Google+
- The +1 button is served 5 billion times per day
- 67% of Google+ users are male
- There are over 3 million Linkedin company pages
- More than 16 billion photos have been uploaded to Instagram
- Food is the top category discussed on Pinterest at 57%
- There are over 1 billion unique monthly visitors on YouTube
To read more about these, including a great infographic on social media stats, check out Jeff Bullas’ blog post with 46 amazing social media stats.
Ever thought about what happens online in 60 seconds during 2013? Check the below chart which shows what’s happening by network. Pretty cool stuff. If you have additional social media stats, why don’t you share them with us in the comments section.