It’s the perfect time to diverge a bit from the world of social media and discuss other important things that can affect your brand’s online presence. One of these things is the overall impact of your brand’s website. Does your website reflect the values of your organization? Or does it give concise descriptions of your company’s products and services?
Love Social Media got here the biggest mistakes you should avoid at all costs in your brand’s web designs:
1. Create a simple navigation style for your website. An unsystematic navigation routes on your website can drive away visitors as well as traffic directed to your site.
2. Avoid complex design on your website which can take too long to load. People online don’t have patience to wait and can abandon your site anytime they want.
3. The rule in composing content for your site is quality over quantity. The content of your website mirrors the overall character of the company. Make sure to edit content before publishing it on your website.
4. Plan the layout of your website thoroughly. Choose a simple font style and color scheme for your website. Know how to balance the white space and the colors in your website.
5. Don’t persuade people to register for unnecessary things. Do this only when you have given sufficient information to your readers.
6. Never subscribe your visitors to newsletters or updates without their consent. Let them decide if they like to receive these things from your website.
7. Another factor that drives visitors away from websites is auto-play music or videos. Again, let the people decide if they wish to watch a video or not.
8. People are usually turned-off to pop-ups and moving advertisements. If you want these things on your site, format it properly.
9. Long and complicated URLs will not help your websites rank in search results. The rule is to keep it short and simple.
10. Try viewing your website in different web browsers before launching it. Avoid compatibility issues between your websites and browsers as much as possible.