Surely, you had put up a Twitter account for your brand to serve as an outlet to promote your products and services. But wait, there’s more to Twitter than marketing. You can actually use this social network site for customer support.
More and more people are depending on social media to communicate their feedback and comments about a particular brand because it is convenient and fast. Nowadays, consumers would not settle giving their feedback on phone or in a brand’s website. They wanted immediate resolutions to their complaints and social media make this happen.
Here are summarized versions of Krishna De’s eight points in using Twitter for customer support:
- Indicate on your Twitter bio that your feed will be used to address customer’s problems and complaints. Moreover, design your Twitter background to include the URL of your business, customer support trunkline and email address.
- Add the link to your customer support web page when posting replies to your clients. This will direct people to the right place where they can communicate their complaints in full detail.
- If possible, include your first name or nickname in your tweets. This way, your customers will know that they are interacting with a real person and not just with a Twit-bot.
- When you need personal information from a particular customer, send a request through a direct message. Never ask it openly on Twitter.
- Twitter is your first option in resolving customer’s issue but when questions become complicated, know when to direct your customers to the real online support.
- There are third-party social media management companies who can manage your brand’s Twitter feed for a minimal cost. If you agree to this kind of deal, clarify with the community manager the way you want them to answer customers’ queries.
- To answer frequently asked questions, create a web page or a tutorial that will contain these queries and of course, resolve them.
- Think of ways to improve your support on Twitter. You can improvise hashtags for the clients to use when tweeting their concerns.
Remember that your attitude towards your customers online can be observed by other people. Enhance your brand’s online reputation by offering an outstanding customer support on Twitter.