The field of education is slowly adapting technological tools in teaching lessons in schools. More and more teacher find digital tools specifically social media helpful in making lessons interesting to students. If you’re an educator willing to take the big leap in the new mode of teaching, read these easy steps to make this transition possible:
- Create a Facebook Page or a Group for your class where you and your students can post important notes, photos, events and reminders related to your lessons. However, make sure to set rules regarding posting messages on the wall.
- Utilize various Facebook apps like Flashcards, WeRead and Mathematical Formulas to simplify difficult lectures.
- Set-up a Twitter account where you can post supplementary links to e-books, links or reading materials for your class.
- Use the said Twitter account to follow other educators and get tips in teaching using social media.
- Encourage students to use Pinterest or SlideShare in school reportings and presentations.
- For lessons that need demonstrations, post an instructional videos on Youtube so students can view it anytime they wish.
- Develop a class blog where your students can express their thoughts about a particular topic or event.