Email marketing can be used to engage with the customers as part of a retention strategy. Here’s four tips on effective email marketing:
Tip 1. Subject Line
The subject line is important, as it is the first thing that the readers will notice, and the content of the subject line will be what will make the readers open the email. The key thing to remember for the subject line is to make sure that it is valuable to the readers, as they will be more interested in reading a topic that they can see themselves within, helping to keep the audience interested in your brand and topics, ensuring that you keep your audience. If they subject is relevant this will guarantee that your email is reader orientated, not purchase or brand orientated, meaning that they will feel involved in the email, and not as though you’ve just sent a template to every single person trying to sell your product, as long as your email fits to the ideology of your brand at the same time. Make sure that your recipients know what is going on, don’t be too vague, but don’t be too information filled, a short simple eye-catching subject line will ensure to pull the audience in! If you’re unsure of what subject line you prefer and what tactic is best, try A/B testing, by sending out 2 versions of the same piece of content with a different subject title, to an equal number of recipients, and measure which one will perform better, a key way of showing what tactics are more appropriate for your audience.
Tip 2. Engagement through Personalization
- Specific action the subscriber has taken
- Personalized to the readers behaviour
- ‘if you don’t take this action you’re going to lose something’ approach
- ‘going negative’ with prospects
- Tell them you’re no longer going to contact them; more will respond “let’s talk!”
Tip 3. Content Consumption Customization
- Multitude of options (days, how often, content, notifications, to receive) making the readers feel in control
- Giving options means they’ll stay around longer rather than opting out
- Will be able to find out more about the readers
- Can send more specific emails to readers based on the information you have about them through more options
Tip 4. Don’t Be! Aggressive! B-E Aggressive!
- Makes you stand out in an overcrowded inbox
- Readers will be more interested to find out what it is about
- Being different will make audiences engage
- Most readers will have mastered what emails to open and which to not, if you’re different to the typical emails they receive they’re likely to open the email and engage with you.
Tip 5. Make your email social media friendly
- Allow your audience to share and comment your email content
- Always embed social media info-graphic buttons in your email
- Link the buttons to your social media profiles to promote your social media networks in a new tab
- Ask for recommendations through social media
Let us know what you think, is this helpful?